Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Take-A-Peek Tuesday! Dehydrators!


I mentioned to Joe that I was thinking of buying a dehydrator.

A lot of cookiers use them to speed-dry their cookies and keep craters at bay.

I use a fan to dry my cookies now, but I always like a new tool.


This was NOT what I meant!





Noooooooooooooo!

(darn water heater hose sprung a leak...into the wall, under the laundry room floor, over the laundry room floor, through the living room wall, under the bookcases and under the living room floor. 
 Oh, and the bathroom too.)






Know how long it takes 2 professional restoration men to rip up a floor?

About 5 minutes.

Know how many loud appliances they leave behind?

14 industrial blowers and 2 dehumidifiers that are taller than Jack.





Forget cookies,

I need a cocktail.


Thanks for stopping by! Lizy B
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. OMG! Hope all can be back to "Normal" for you soon! Sending good wishes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, geez! You definitely need a cocktail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A ridiculously giant cocktail! And when you wake up and find out it was all a bad dream you'll know it worked. :( So sorry. Such a hassle! Now pick out a pretty new floor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Does the fan also help with crater issues? Any advice on how to avoid little holes forming like when you pipe little dots? Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry, that's awful!!

    Jeannine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain. Years ago I lived in a basement apartment that flooded all the time. These fans and I became very close. Hoping you get your dehydrator soon! Cheers (clink clink)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH NO!!! So sorry, have a cocktail....I'll have one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a mess. Water can be so unfriendly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your pain, about a month after I moved into my first house I woke up to a spongy kitchen floor and a waterfall cascading down our basement stairs (okay trickling down. It turned out that the hot water hose on our built in dishwasher decided it had enough and it burst some time in the middle of the night. I know we had planned on updating the kitchen a bit but not just after moving in.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments (yup...I read each and every one!!!), thanks for taking the time to type out your thoughts! They truly make my day!

Your questions are so much fun, and I try to answer them by emailing you back directly. Please make sure you are not a 'no-reply' blogger so I can reach you!

Thanks everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...